Hell's Gate Cycling & Walking Safari Over View
This adventure day trip to Hell's Gate National Park gives you the orportunity to ride a bike in the wild a midst wildlife and then take a walk in the gorges. This trip begins from Nairobi early morning, take 1½ hours drive to Hell's gate.
Once at the Park, you have the option of a game drive in a Safari vehicle or take bikes into the Park. Cycling in the Park is a great adventure as you get to ride the bikes for 7 Kilometers before resting at a ranger's post.
Picnic lunch will be organized from one of the lodges in Naivasha. From the rangers post follow the guide through the gorges for an adenventure walk. Later return to Nairobi arriving in the evening.
Adventure Cycling & Walking Safari
Hell's Gate National Park Tour departs Nairobi at 0800 Hours with packed lunch from Naivasha. The journey takes a drive down the Great Rift Valley stopping at the viewpoint for photography. You then continue on to get to Hell's Gate National Park at 1000 Hours.
Once at the Park, you have the option of a game drive in a Safari vehicle or take bikes into the Park. Cycling in the Park is a great adventure as you get to ride the bikes for 7 Kilometers a midst wildlife before resting at a ranger's post.
After lunch at the rangers post you leave the bike and start a walking safari. Enjoy the spectacular views of the gorge including the central tower. The volcanic activity is very evident from the hot water streaming on the walls of the gorge. The guided gorge walk takes two hours.
The hot springs and a fabulous scenic landscape besides the diverse wildlife are just incredible. Walk back to pick your bikes and return to the vehicle for the 90 kms journey back to Nairobi.
Other activities that can be included in this adventure are:
- Rock climbing at the fitcher's tower.
- A visit to the olkaria geothermal power plant where you can see the hot steam jet out in the air. There is a swimming pool fed by the hot steamy water which is medicinal and a restaurant is under construction adjacent to the swimming pool.
- Take a boat ride at lake Naivasha followed by a walk at crescent island.
2015 Package Prices
1 Pax - $270
2 Pax - $150 Per Person
4 Pax - $120 Per Person
Hiking Adventure Pricing Includes:
- Return Transfer to Hell's Gate National Park.
- Park entrance fees.
- Mountain Bikes.
- Services of a hiking guide.
- Complimentary Bottled water.
- All government taxes.
Hiking Advenrure Pricing Excludes:
- International airfares.
- All expenditure of personal nature such as telephone calls, hard drinks, soft drinks and laundry.
- Travel Insurance.
Hell's Gate National Park
Hell's Gate National Park is the only National Park in Kenya which visitors are free to leave their vehicle and walk in the Park. Hell's Gate National Park is an ideal family getaway for a day trip from Nairobi or stopover en-route to Lake Nakuru or the Masai Mara, located just beyond Lake Naivasha.
Hell's Gate National Park is famous for its natural hot geysers, eagle and vulture breeding grounds, visitors have the choice of driving, walking, camping, cycling and rock-climbing within the park. Horseback safaris can also be arranged. Hell's Gate National Park special locations to view include: Fischer's Tower, formerly a volcano's plug, the Central Tower and Njorowa Gorges.
Two extinct volcanoes: Olkaria and Hobley's are worth a trip. Natural steam vents rise from fissures in the volcanic rock. Obsidian, a striking black glassy rock formed from cooled molten lava is a feature of this landscape. Game to view includes: buffalo, Masai Giraffe, eland, Coke's Hartebeest, lion, leopard and some cheetah.
A haven for ornithologists and rock climbers, the cliffs of Hell's Gate are breeding grounds for vultures, Verreaux's Eagles, augur buzzard and thousands of swifts; 103 species of bird have been recorded in the Park.
Do's And Don'ts In The Game Reserves & National Park.
- Do not Litter the reserve/park.
- Do not feed the animals, i.e. monkeys or baboons.
- Do give the animals the right of way and do not disturb wildlife.
- Do not take any plant or animals remains, dead or alive.
- Do not start fires or throw cigarettes in the reserve.
- Do stay in your vehicle except at designated viewing points.
- Do not shout, laugh loudly, play radio or cassettes as this will keep away the animals.
- Do not provoke any animals its dangerous.